As part of the jury, I am very happy to announce the final VIA – VUT Indie Awards 2019 shortlist. 16 artists, labels and experiments are shortlisted for this year’s edition. VIA! is Germany’s most important award for the independent music industry. On September 19th, during the Reeperbahn Festival in Hamburg, the best newcomer, act, album, label, and experiment will be awarded. I was greatly honored to have been asked to give the Laudatio for the category BEST EXPERIMENT and to announce the winner. So I am very much looking forward to the award ceremony.
The Shortlist VIA for the BEST EXPERIMENT
Update – 23.09.2019
Congrats to all winners 🥳🍾🥂🏆 and thanks for having me as Jury Member for BEST EXPERIMENT and Laudatio Speaker 🙏
- Best Newcomer: Alice Merton
- Best Label: Grönland Records
- Best Act: Apparat
- Best LP: Bilderbuch – „Mea Culpa“
- Best Experiment: Holly Herndon & Jlin (feat. Spawn) – „Godmother“ und Nik Nowak – „The Mantis“ (Installation und Performance mit Kode9, Infinite Livez und Moritz Stumm)
- VIA Special Award: Matthias Hornschuh
You can rewatch the whole award ceremony including my speech here (starting from 1:10:40).
All winners and speakers
Winners – Best Experiment: Holly Herndon & Nik Nowak
Photos by Bernd Jonkmanns